Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Loella Medina







What are some of your main inspirations for your current jewelry collection?

Overall my jewelry collections are inspired by my travels and mainly by my own Caribbean culture which is a colorful, flirty, and happy culture. I like to use bright colors for my designs and so even the smallest pairs of earrings will stand out.

How would you best describe your personal style?

My style is a chic-bohemian-romantic style. My jewelry designs are contemporary with a classic flare and the colors are always eye catching.

What advice would you give someone just starting out in jewelry design?

Find your personal style and go with it. Someone starting out should try to stand out from the crowd by finding a style that is different than the rest.

What is one thing you cannot live without?

Dangly, flirty, earrings!

Your top five trends for Fall?

1)long flow-ish skirts and trousers, 2) curvy silhouettes reminiscing of the 1940s, 3) simple minimalistic styles, 4) black seems to be the predominant color this fall, and 5) a tendency towards a super hero style is also emerging this fall with futuristic designs and caped jackets perhaps influenced by the load of super-hero movies premiered this summer.

Check out Loella's Jewelry Line
http://www.loellamedina.etsy.com/
www.trunkt.org/loellamedina

No comments: